Employment Law is a complex area. Every day businesses are being sued and penalised for not complying with this important subject. Outsourcing your HR will save you time and money. Get a quick quote.
Wurkplace’s Myth Busting Employment Law specialists have worked hard and are continuously working to reduce your workload and unveil some Employment Law best kept secrets.
- Time off for dependants – this right is for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances only. Any other events, ie. Christmas play, Sports day or Birthdays require pre-booked holidays
- Unfair dismissal claims – Employees with less than 2 years of service can claim unfair dismissal if it is due to health and safety breaches, whistle blowing or disability discrimination (statutory rights)
- Pregnancy during recruitment – There is actually no legislation to say that women should reveal they are pregnant. Employers should also avoid asking if they are married, plan to/already have children
- Documented Employment Contract – A contract can be verbally agreed and still be valid. After a month of employment, employers should provide a ‘statement of written particulars of employment’. Although we would advise a written Contract for protection.
- Misconduct investigation – Employers should only suspend employees during investigation if they pose a risk to your business
Sometimes, although it is not a legal obligation, employers should treat employees fair and just. Certain circumstances may require a ‘best practice’ route. Wurkplace offer a monthly HR retainer, available to give employers around the clock advice via phone and email. Get a HR quick quote here or call 0330 400 5490
An experienced Director who controls and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. Responsible for the overall success of the business.
As a leader, he is able to steer a company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Additionally, he has strong crisis management skills to “save” companies in times of need.